the Bajdarsky valley
It is named so on the largest village Bajdar (now Eagle). Its name can occur simply from a patrimonial name of one of Turkic tribes which in turn could occur from a Turkic word bajtar – the herbalist treating animals. The valley is well-known for curative grasses and till now. There are also other transfers, for example Baj-dere – the Bajsky valley. It is in the ancient time named so for rich with fruits and game of wood and wonderful springs. Well and now quite bajskimi private residences of officials of the Moscow mayoralty and others in an environment of the landscape named the Crimean Switzerland, with really soft climate without a heat look. At village Spring (Skelja) has remained huge a menhir – a cult astronomical construction of the Stone Age. The most known such construction in the world is the Stonehendge. The Sevastopol menhir are the boulders vertically put in the form of obelisks.
Them has remained two of three. The first obelisk in height 2,8м. Cross-section section - 1х0,7м. The second more low - 1.5м. In section 1,2х0,55м. The weight of larger makes more than 6 tons, but nearby there are no stone quarries, and the nearest rocks are seen only in several kilometres.
The Skelsky cave is recently equipped for visiting of tourists . It is at bottom the Penalty-dag of the Bajdarsky valley. It is declared by a nature sanctuary of local value since 1947 is opened and for the first time is passed in 1904 by local teacher F.A.Kirillovym. The Skelsky cave differs in the considerable sizes, beauty and rather good safety kaltsitovyh natechnyh formations. In it some the halls connected by passes, from which biggest and beautiful - the second. The length of this hall extended from the north on the south, is equal 80 m, average width of 10-18 m, the height of the Gothic arch reaches 25 m. of the Wall are decorated numerous natechnymi by curtains and edges, original niches-trays. Columns - stalagnaty, formed as a result of merging of stalactites hanging down from above and stalagmites rising by it towards there and then rise. But the biggest sight of the second hall, and all Skelsky cave, the 7-metre stalagmite is. Some vertical wells depth of 25-45 m connect the top halls of a cave to the young formed floors lying more deeply. In the bottom galleries underground lakes and the rivers were formed. Total extent of all galleries of a cave reaches 570 m. In 1960 in the Skelsky cave bones of the died out animals have been found: a wood cat, a saiga, etc.
Above the Skelsky cave over one of breakages of a narrow canyon of small river Uzundzha on the road strengthened still by ancient Romans, it is possible to get on zhivopisnejshuju a mountain hollow with zaryblennymi ponds and the hunting grounds. On cards the place is designated as village Collective-farm, but the village is not present for a long time. Some magnificent country houses store memory of bloody dismantlings of the Crimean mafia of 1990th years. However, the improbable calmness and tranquility of a landscape force to perceive those events, as events of the last century – very far. Tracks for a mountain bicycle, riding tourists and peshehodnikov conduct further on upper courses of Uzundzhi to the Jusupovsky trout pond, a falls Silver strings and to the Grand Canyon of Crimea.
To Owners of off-road cars it is especially recommended a little-known ancient highway from the Bajdarsky valley in a river Belbek valley through so-called pass Kabany . On cards it is designated as pass Bichke, but among drivers has received the freakish nickname of that the mountain highway climbs up pass, twisting as kabany a tail. The top part of highway is washed away to rocks, crossed by gullies and ruts. But the most beautiful woods do travel very grasping, well and fans of olden time will amaze stone krepidy on northern elephant of pass. Stones are dexterously driven to each other on the big height by Russian sappers in 19 century, however pack road from Bajdar in Kokkozy well-known Tauris could put in the Middle Ages, and the beginning to it still.
Last years the canyon of the river Chorgun (Black), numerous streams originating from merge and small rivers of the Bajdarsky valley is extremely popular. Taken roots in the literature and on cards the name Black small river – absurdity. In the canyon its water so rages and sparkles that it is faster silvery. About an origin of the name of Chorgun to tell it is possible nothing, it is only Turkic processing of any name ascending still to Tauris.
the Chernorechensky canyon in 1947 has been declared by a nature sanctuary, and since 1974 - by state zakaznikom republican value. This deep and narrow gorge was formed as a result of washout of dense limestones. Throughout 12 km, beginning from a rock the Cornel on border of the Bajdarsky valley, the river punches to itself a way in twisting tesnine, squeezed with both parties rocks in height in some tens metres. In places this gorge is almost impassable: the river channel abounds with extensive rifts and cascades, navalami boulders. Near to a canyon, in territory of the Orlinovsky forest area, in 1979 it is organised Orlinovsky zakaznik local value "…рщфрЁёъшщ" where under protection there are wild-growing herbs. There on wood glades the yarrow, etc. medicative herbs grow zveroboj, chabrets, dushitsa.
The Most visited place of a valley nevertheless remain Bajdarsky gate on its opposite southern extremity. Are constructed in 1848 in honour of end of building of road Sevastopol - Yalta.
Now on this road go, it is possible to tell, only for the sake of Bajdarsky gate and a remarkable kind from them on Forossky church and picturesque coast below it.
From everywhere visible - from below from the sea and from above with Jajly, on a lonely steep Red rock flaunts graceful church of Revival Christ's . In 1892 the architect academician N.M.Chagin by request of tea magnate Kuznetsova has erected it in memory of rescue of emperor Alexander III and his families at train wreck in 1888
Over it the old South careful highway leaves through Bajdarsky gate to Sevastopol. And the new highway very convenient and picturesque goes at bottom of a rock with church. Anyhow, the church became one of symbols of Southern coast. These places and at bicyclists are popular. Here the Russian national team (and before Soviet Union) on races on highway, and now also on a mountain bicycle long since trains.
More ancient way, it used also Pushkin astride a local fearless horsy, there was a pass the Shaitan-merdven (the Devil's ladder). For transition with Juzhnoberezhja in foothills of Crimea and back it is necessary to overcome 40 abrupt turns concluded in stone tesnine throughout kilometre and as if forming step for a certain huge Shaitan.
From the Devil's ladder already convenient and picturesque the Kalendsky track conducts to with. podgornoe (former Kalenda) that at Bajdarsky gate. On this track the rests via militare – the Roman military road connecting in the first centuries of our era Chersonese with a fortress of Haraks at present Lastochkinogo of a nest have remained.
One more dynamical creation of the nature attracts attention at sea coast. Skala Ifigenija - result ancient vulkanizma. But it is more than emotions causes at thought on human sacrifices for the sake of the Maiden, the goddess of Tauris. Classical tragedy "Ђ¶шухэш in КртЁшфх" for three thousand years it is put, possibly, at all theatres of the world.
The Modern highway between Yalta and Sevastopol passes much more low, through Laspinsky pass where on a powerful rock the specific platform is arranged. the rock bears a name and is decorated by a bas-relief Garina-Mihajlovsky , the quite good writer and very talented engineer-putejtsa. It is enough to tell, what even after century of its research and calculations were useful for building of this road. From a platform the grandiose kind on bays Laspi and Batiliman, cape Ajja opens.
In addition on the given theme:
Inkerman, Eski-kermen and other cave cities
Northern, the Radio hill, Uchkuevka, Ljubimovka
Orlovka, Kacha, Andreevka and cape Lukull, the Cornel-jar
Balaklava, cape Fiolent (Feolent), cape Ajja, Batiliman and Laspi